The game is considered to be a reboot of the SimCity series. Players can create a settlement that can grow into a city by zoning land for residential, commercial, or industrial development, as well as building and maintaining public services, transport and utilities. SimCity uses a new engine called GlassBox, allowing for more detailed simulation than previous games. Throughout its development, SimCity received critical acclaim for its new engine and reimagined gameplay; however, publications cautioned the game’s use of a persistent Internet connection, with which it stores saved games and allows players to share resources.
Release Date: 13 November 2014
Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better
- Minimum OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Hard Drive: 12GB HD Space
- Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 or better*, NVIDIA 7800 or better*, Intel HD Graphics or better*
- Broadband Internet: Minimum 256 kbps download, 64 kbps upload
- *Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.